What’s the first thing you look for in a new and foreign place?
I somehow found myself migrating to a bright and open North American style food court while I await my flight. I find it to be surprisingly peaceful and familiar. Definitely enjoying the available options:
|Calories? Exactly what I was looking for!|
- 4Fingers Crispy Chicken – The “High Street Brooklyn Bridge” of Chicken vendors. They have wings, thighs, wraps and thumbs. Ah, and they make your food as you sit, and ring a cow bell for you when it is done.
- Subway – Remarkably identical, save for the Aloo Patty, Chicken Tandoori, and Chicken Tikka. Oh, and a 6 inch is only Rs. 140, (less than $3)
- Baskin Robbins – Repping the cartoon-style ice-cream niche.
- Dilli Chaat – I prefer pickles as food, not subject matter
- Simply Dakshin – Simply Delicious appearing
- Moti Mahal Delux – Passion for Tandoor
- Calories – This is the actual name of a snack stand
- Yo! China – Do you really have the capacity for a billion responses?
- And McDonald’s – Which I will visit if something “interesting” appears on the Menu.
|All was quiet in the Terminals|
Oh, and I got my first good deal – Universal travel adaptor for Rs. 149, the same price as the sub.
Also, just on a note of first impressions. The Delhi Airport was very neat and tidy, and I may have been there during the quietest time ever. Got a chance to just relax and enjoy a little bit of mental catch-up time today as I waited for the 2:30 flight to Chandigarh.