Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Would you pay $500 to avoid Insanity?

Well I sure do enjoy the pharmacists!  3 months of Malaria pills yield two options for me:
  1.  Malrone: 1 pill per day, minor side effects including upset stomach and vivid dreams.  One major side effect, empty pockets.  For 110 days, Malrone costs $600!  That is more than I pay for 1 months rent in Canada, or 4 months rent in Chandigarh.
  2. Mefloquine: 1 pill per week, minor side effects including upset stomach and vivid dreams.  One major side effect, possible insanity.  For 20 weeks, Mefloquine costs $95.  

Since both lead to vivid dreams I am excited.  Who even knows what that could mean.  When I switch my camera to vivid mode, the pictures are undoubtably more pleasing though less realistic.  Bring on the vivid dreams!

Now the second issue is the insanity part.  The pharmacist didn't have too many details about this one.  Some questions worth consideration include: Would it be insane to pay an extra $500 to avoid insanity?  Don't you need to be insane spend the summer in India (45 degrees+)?

Regardless, I think this decision comes down to cost.  And either way you can definitely expect a vivid dream or two in blog updates sometime in mid-July.


No comments:

Post a Comment